All Sites are owned and operated by VeteransPlus™ and are hosted and protected by Secure-24 (www.Secure-24.com).
Our Commitment to Privacy
No Use of Our Site by Persons Under 13
We understand and share your concerns regarding your children’s access to the Internet and the Internet’s access to your children. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we do not knowingly request or accept information submitted to VeteransPlus™ or its Network web sites by any visitor under 13 years of age. If we become aware that an individual under 13 has provided information to us through the site, we will not use or disclose that individuals information for any purpose unless required to do so by law. We recommend that minors between the ages of 13 and 18 ask and receive their parents’ permission before accessing the Site or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.
What Information Do We Collect?
When you visit our site you may provide us with two types of information: personal non-public information you actively choose to disclose (“Active Information”) and use information collected, in a way not visible to you, on an aggregate anonymous basis as you and others browse our site (“Passive Information”).
Active Information Collected
We receive and store much of the information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
Registration: In order for you to take advantage of certain services provided on the Site, we may require to complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we may require select personal information, including your full name, city, state, last four of your social security number, military and discharge information and e-mail address. To allow you to express yourself beyond just the information collected during registration, we enable you to provide additional information, such as your name, your address, your email address, a Site Account screen name, etc. In addition, you may choose to include photos of yourself or images of your choosing in your Site Account profile. As indicated below, in the section titled “Sharing Your Information”, you can control how this information is displayed and used.
How Do We Use the Information Collected?
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. VeteransPlus™ and its authorized agents Broadly speaking, persons we employ directly, or as contractors or agents at our direction, use Active Information for purposes of administering our business activities and providing customer services such as support. Active information is not shared with other organizations unless authorized by VeteransPlus™ and its Network for the benefit of our members and site users. We may use your Active Information to send emails to you with related news, products, offers, surveys, promotions, information, and notify you about updates to the Site. If at any time you do not wish to receive such emails from us, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use Passive Information to gather information about our users and to enhance and design the Site to make it easier, faster and friendlier to use. We do not connect any Passive information to your personal information or email address. The Passive information we collect is used for internal review to improve the content of our Site. The Yellow Ribbon Registry Network will use personal information only in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by you. VeteransPlus™ Network will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, complete and current. The personal information you provide to VeteransPlus and its Network of websites will be retained only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected or as required by law. You have the option to store some information for future use if so desired.
Your Information In Relation to Others We Link To
You are able to access other websites through VeteransPlus™ and its Network websites. When you do so you are doing so subject to their policies regarding privacy and data collection and you should read those sites’ privacy policies to make sure you agree to them before using such sites. When you choose to access such sites, you should read their privacy policies to make sure you agree to them.
Sharing Information with Advertisers or Other Third Parties
We may disclose anonymous information about user habits, characteristics and user patterns, based on aggregate user statistics to advertisers on our site. We will not rent or sell your personal information to anyone and will share your personal information only as described below.
- The VeteransPlus™ Personnel: Our personnel and authorized consultants, partner non-profits and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of business.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if VeteransPlus™, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that may be transferred.
- Site Account information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to other Site users in your Site Account profile. The Site Account profile is the area on the Site where we allow you to tell other Site users about yourself and your interests. You may control what personal information is displayed in your Site Account profile.
- Member Directory: The email address that you submit upon registration may be searchable by other Site users who know you by your email address, unless you choose to opt out of this feature. This is primarily so that other users can find you and connect with you through the Site. You may opt-out of this feature by visiting the Privacy Settings section of your Site Account profile.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
Secure Active Information and Passive Information?
We secure your personal submitted information by using reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, or accidental loss or destruction of Active Information and Passive Information. Communications that you may have with us via email or U.S. Mail may not be secure unless we advise you that security measures are in place prior to your sending information. Therefore, if you choose to communicate with us through these means, you are assuming the risk of doing so and we request that you do not send or post sensitive information through these means.
You can access, update, or delete information in your Site Account profile at any time by logging in to the Site. Once you have logged in, you can update your name, e-mail, password, and/or change your address. We recommend you change your password frequently. You can ask us whether we are keeping personal data about you by sending an email to email@example.com. We may require proof of your identity before we provide this information and we reserve the right to refuse to provide you with a copy of your personal data under reasonable circumstances, but will give reasons for our refusal. Our database, websites and infrastructure are hosted by Secure-24 (www.Secure-24.com) which ensures the most up to date and cutting edge technology possible is securing your data.